Donation Processing and Volunteer Leadership
The ReStore Donation and Processing and Volunteer Supervisor is responsible for assisting the ReStore Manager in their daily operational duties and tasks. The ReStore Donation Processing and Volunteer Supervisor will coordinate and oversee the volunteer team in all facets of team management. The ReStore mission is to generate revenue through the sale of donated building materials and household items to support Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh’s operating budget. Through its efforts, the ReStore facilitates recycling, minimizes landfill waste, provides low-cost home improvement items, and increases Habitat's visibility in our community.
PAY RATE AND HOURS
Pay range: $9.50/hr
Category: Part-time, flexible hours 25-35 hours/week
Standard hours: Tues-Fri 9-5, Sat 8-4 as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Support of Habitat for Humanity’s Mission
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional supervisory skills to manage a diverse workforce, varying levels of skill sets, motivation, experience, religious backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers, donors, volunteers and staff
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and multi-task as needed.
- Knowledge of OSHA Safety Guidelines and proper lifting techniques
- Basic knowledge of building materials and furniture
- A commitment to service excellence, customer satisfaction, and a safe working environment, internal and external to the store environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- The ability to learn quickly.
- The ability to maintain a professional, friendly, and helpful demeanor in all situations.
- Strong organizational skills with a keen eye for details
- Ability to lift 50 to 100 lbs on occasion using proper lifting techniques and equipment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to try new ideas and be open to input from others
- Education and Experience
- Basic Requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- Customer service experience, preferably in a retail environment
- Proficient in MS Office Products including Excel skills
- Preferred Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years retail experience
- Social media and public relations experience
- Basic Requirements:
- Certificates/Licenses/Additional Qualifications
- Successful passage of criminal background and drug screen testing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The employee must be able to perform the following essential job functions:
Supervise ReStore volunteers by ensuring that their tasks are performed thoroughly, efficiently and safely.
Maintain and promote awareness of ReStore policies and procedures regarding merchandise donations, safety, sales transactions.
Monitor the sales floor and inventory.
Work with Store Manager in the development of pricing guidelines.
Provide instructions on all markdowns/pricing changes to cashiers. Ensure all staff is adhering to pricing guidelines.
Provide superior donor and customer service at all times as well as provide accurate information to customers and donors regarding ReStore policies and procedures, especially regarding donation procurement.
Oversee donations from initial contact, pickup, cleaning, pricing and sales floor placement. Ensure that all ReStore policies and procedures are followed when completing donation activities.
Assist customers with their purchase pick-ups.
Coordinate and oversee large purchases
Uphold all standards regarding store appearance, merchandising and safety protocols..
Responsible for facility upkeep, maintenance and supplies.
Assists in donation-related activities such outreach events and social media marketing.
Enforce cleanliness, order, and safety procedures of Receiving and Processing area, ReStore sales floor and outdoor area to ensure safe working and shopping conditions.
Secure receiving and processing areas and ReStore equipment before leaving for the day.
Maintain regular communication with Store Manager regarding warehouse conditions, issues.
Recommend new/better methods of completing tasks as needed.
All other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The ability to lift up 50 to 100 pounds on occasion is necessary. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling and reaching, in awkward and tiring positions, especially at outreach events. Use of computer is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties are performed in both indoors and outdoors environment. Off-site public relations events may include confined spaces with public access. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.