Swissvale Shopping Center
1913 Monongahela Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15218
Tuesday - Friday 11am - 5pm
Saturday 10am - 4pm
Volunteering at the Habitat ReStore
The Habitat ReStore couldn't exist without the help of volunteer staff, who are crucial to the store's day-to-day operations. Individuals who are interested in volunteering at the Habitat ReStore must go through an orientation prior to helping out at the store and must be able to make a weekly or monthly committment.
Volunteer roles include:
Volunteer ReStore Associate
- Greet customers on the sales floor and assist with their needs
- Help keep display areas and aisles safe and organized
- Communicate pricing to customers and cashier; tag items with appropriate forms
- Assist in moving items to and from receiving
- Provide information to customers on the mission of the ReStore and Habitat for Humanity
Volunteer Donation Pick-up Assistant
This position requires the operation of a pallet jack and small hand tools. Must also be able to lift 50 lbs or more, stand, squat, and climb in/out of truck
- Ride with the truck driver to assist with loading and unloading donations
- Screen products for usability and distribute donation receipts
- Communicate with ReStore staff to schedule pick-ups and deliveries
Volunteer Marketing Associate
- Assist with the set up of eBay and/or other online sales accounts
- Recommend and select items to post for online sales
- Package and ship items
- Post photos of merchandise to social media accounts
- Meet weekly with Manager to report progress and needs
If you have a way you can assist us that’s not listed here, let us know! We’re looking for fresh ideas and innovative ways to involve volunteer staff. Volunteers may be cross-trained in other sections as requested by ReStore Manager.
To sign up as a ReStore Volunteer
- Contact Volunteer Services Coordinator, Sean Mann by email at email@example.com or call (412) 450-8520, ext. 11 to discuss available opportunities.
Although volunteer time is a valuable asset, it still takes money to buy materials to build a house. We ask all individual volunteers to consider making a donation to our organization to pay for materials that will be used on that day. We have a suggested donation amount of $25.00 per day per volunteer, but it is not mandatory.