October 1, 2014: Creative Ways to Give this Holiday Season!
Want to donate to Habitat, but don't have cash on hand? Here are some other great ways you can help: there's something for folks of any budget...
1) Give through your workplace: Does your company have a fall United Way campaign or participate in the Combined Federal Campaign? Choose # 7283 on your United Way pledge form and # 75137 on your CFC pledge form, and your payroll deduction or donation will help support our mission to eliminate substandard housing in Allegheny County.
2) Do your Holiday Shopping through Amazon Smile: Shop online using Amazon Smile year-round. It offers you the same shopping experience as Amazon.com, except that Amazon Smile will donate a small portion of your purchase price to us at no cost to you! Click here to start shopping and raising money for Habitat!
3) Donate an old car, boat, or RV: Do you have an old car, boat, or motorcycle sitting in your garage unused? Donate it to through the Cars for Homes™ program. You'll receive a tax deduction and the funds raised from your gift will help support our local building projects! For more information, visit the Cars for Homes Web Page.
4) Get you business or organization involved: We <3 community partnerships! You can really make a difference by hosting a group fundraiser with you company, friends, or family. If you have a fundraising idea, give us a call at 412-351-0512, ext 18 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll work with you to come up with a plan that benefits your group and our Habitat families.
5) Donate your Birthday: Do you have a birthday right around the holidays? This year, make it count! Ask your friends and family to donate the money they would have spent on birthday gifts to your personal fundraising page. The funds you raise will help us complete projects for a local family in need. We'll send you updates on the family your dollars are supporting, and we'll even invite you to the dedication ceremony of their home.
6) Support the Habitat ReStore: It's the perfect time to rid your home of any unwanted furniture, decor, appliances or building materials. The ReStore will help you keep these still usable items out of the waste stream by re-selling them to the public at our retail outlet in Edgewood Towne Centre. The proceeds are then used to support Habitat's local building efforts right here in Allegheny County. The ReStore even offers donation pick-up for larger items, right from the curb of your home! To schedule your donation pick-up, call the ReStore at 412-271-4663. Donations can also be dropped off during the store's regular hours, Tues-Saturday 10am-4pm. Click here to view a full list of items the ReStore accepts.